Cover alterations

It always amazes me how much font choice can affect a book cover. The font you use can communicate much more than just the title. It can imply tone and help to reinforce the theme. Of course, if people have difficulty reading your title, then no matter how lovely the font is, you must choose a different one. After looking back at my own font choice for my cover, I realized it was a touch on the difficult to read side. I could certainly read it, but I'm the one who created the title so that's not a very accurate gage.



So I picked a cleaner font, Harrington if you're interested, and made subtle changes to the background behind the text. The new font and the spacing also allowed me to bump the size up a few points. I think it's a marked improvement, but then again, I'm a little biased, so let me know what you think. Feedback on these kinds of things is very useful.

By the way, you may also have noticed that I changed my pen name again. I did this for a couple of reasons. Foremost was that I wanted to be able to create an author website using my pen name, and wouldn't you know it, Joshua Brann was already taken. So I went back to the drawing board, so to speak, and thought about how best to keep my identity and come up with something distinctive. I decided to drop one of the n's from my middle name and replace it with a t to stand in for my last name. Thus, Joshua Brant was born, and as luck would have it, the domain name was available. Yes, I bought it and am currently working on a branded author site. I don't plan on releasing it into the wild until I've finished the first book though. I might, however, give a few sneak peeks of the layout and graphics here...maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vellum 2.0 review

An old Dell QuietKey is new again

A simple boardcode tutorial